Internet Routing Issue - IP ver4
I'm calling this a Routing Issue for lack of better or proper name to call this at the moment.
PC is connected via ethernet cable to 1gig IP ver4 router & internet access to Everything is fine, except for the following.
● All of my S3 buckets & files hosted on "objects-us-east-1.dream.io" are not accessable to the PC & receive HTTP access time out, & tracert to that server fails, (repeating time outs), after the 2nd hop. Typically The first 5- 6 hops in tracert's i do for any end point are Comcast servers (routers?) for my citty area.
● DreamHost support investigated & shows no issues on thier end.
● If i connect a laptop via WiFi to a nearby Hotspot, the laptop is able to fully access the "objects-us-east-1.dream.io" host & the S3 buckets & files w/o issue. Tracert to the host server also completes w/o issue
● However i noticed that the laptop connected via Wifi is using IP ver6.
Disabling IP ver6 on the laptop so that it uses IP ver4, results in the laptop loosing access to the host server & S3 buckets & files, and tracert to the host then also fails to complete, repeatly timing out after the 2nd hop. . . (same access & tracert issues as the PC)
● Soooo, what other trouble shooting info is needed,
And if not here on Forum, to who & how to report this ?
And what is a more technical name for this kind of issue ?
● example of tracert to the host server that fails - under IP ver4.
Tracing route to objects-us-east-1.dream.io [184.108.40.206]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 12 ms 10 ms 9 ms 220.127.116.11
2 10 ms 12 ms 10 ms 18.104.22.168
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * ^C