U

Wednesday, July 17th, 2024 3:51 PM

Internet problems

I have been having persistent problems with xfinity wifi where my internet will randomly go out. This may happen 2-3 times a day, or it may happen up to 7 times an hour. It has impacted my use of the internet in regards to work, school, and personal use. It is a very frustrating problem. I have contacted the support line 3 different times in the last 8 days. The first time I was promised the problem would be fixed after the call, it was not. The second time I was told I would need to purchase a new gateway (This was absolutely baffling as the gentleman on the phone seemed to not care it is a problem with xfinity’s equipment). After that I was promised by the same gentleman I would receive a call regarding obtaining a new gateway, (I was not given a call). I once again called yesterday and was promised following an hour long call that my problems would be fixed. They have not been fixed. This issue is persistent and incredibly frusterating. How do I contact someone who may be able to actually resolve my issue? I’ve tried calling stores, but I am routed to a robot speaking to me telling me to troubleshoot my modem. I have done all troubleshooting steps well over 40 times. What steps do I take? If none, I am done with xfinity as the customer support thus far has been a useless. (Ironically this is my second time typing this message, as my wifi went out as I went to submit it).

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

3 months ago

Hello, user_mo5qdi thank you for taking time out of your day to create a post. Working from home myself, I completely understand the importance of having your home network connection being solid. You've reached out to the right place for assistance, I'd definitely like to investigate further. I appreciate all the detailed information, it is helpful. With the ongoing issues, it sounds like we may need to schedule a technician after I have a chance to review everything. 

Working with customer's in the past, I've seen the automated callback/text attempts will go to the preferred number on file. You can view and update contact information if needed through the great Xfinity App: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-account-preferences. 

Since I will need to gather some information to locate your account, and we don't want that here in our public conversation. When you have time, please send a direct message:

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address alongside

1 Message

5 days ago

so this all started about a week and a half ago, I started having issues with my internet connection. I have had internet for 7 years with no issues thus far. I pay for the 500mb download and 20mb upload plan which is far more than i need so i want the speed that i need to get the best experience. While playing one night i lost connection which is wireless and could not connect to play , i restarted all my equipment checked all the connections and nothing was wrong there, once reset i was getting maybe 100mb down and 0.85 up with extreme packet loss above 200 ms. I then took the next step and took my router out of the equation and hardwired my xbox directly to my modem and still the same problem. so i thought my modem is bad ( i own my own equipment i don't rent from comcast) i drove a hour to buy the newest and latest compatible modem that works with comcast. got it home and plugged it it and activated it with the xfinity app. the new modem changed nothing. so i scheduled an appointment for a tech to check on everything here at my home, the appointment was only available for over a week later and im writing today the day the tech came. The tech was respectable, and he checked all the connections at the street and in my home and even changed out any connectors that were connected to our line to our house and even changing the connector on the wall plate. The tech said that the speed test he did was good and as i did speed test on my own phone there was still some jitter (packet loss) but speeds looked ok. for what he did i didnt expect it to fix anything because this problem is intermittent and couldnt reproduce it when the tech was here but when it happens nothing works at all. The tech mentioned that it could possibly be older cable and that they could replace the run from the street to the house. but the possibility of it being a bad cable is somewhat unlikely and i believe its somewhere further down the line. I downloaded pingplotter app which shows all the hops that my signal takes from server to server and the packet loss is nowhere near me, so im writing to get some insight on this because im frustrated because i got on to game about an hour after my appointment and im still getting packet loss and low upload speeds and its impossible to play at all. please anything helps 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_qthh5n Thank you for your detailed post and for joining the Xfinity Forum community. Our team can help. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

3 days ago

@user_qthh5n @XfinityThomasA 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here