U

Saturday, August 10th, 2024 7:11 PM

Internet problems persist…

Recently moved into a new apartment (had the same issue at the old but less often). When playing games on my PC i randomly experience high high ping unplayable and this happens couple times a day and sometimes for a long time. My partner has a PS5 and experiences this very very often more than I do, sometimes its happening at the same time for us but sometimes he is the only one experiencing this issue. I've reached out to Xfinity multiple times and its HOURS long to even talk to someone and try all these troubleshootings which I've tried before.

I've had a tech come out and they just replaced the router and tested the speeds, of course when they're here the ping is showing that its working fine but the issue is sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't so he didn't see it not working and assumed the problem was fixed with a new modem even though its an older version of the one I had!!! This is so frustrating because they also charged me for a tech fee of $100!! They didn't even fix my issue. I've tried everything you can think of and nothing has helped. Keep in mind both of these connections are on ethernet connections so I'm not sure what else to do and I'm not contacting support for them to not help and take hours of my time just for it to be wasted. I pay so much for this and they don't fix this issue without more payment even though its their fault I'm not getting anywhere near my speed I'm paying for at times. |

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 month ago

Hello user_70uol6 thanks so much for taking the time and sharing your experience via our Xfinity Forums.  Intermittent connection troubles are as much of a hassle to solve as they are when you're experiencing them.  Have you had an opportunity to look over our Community Expert post on troubleshooting? 

ANSWERED: Tips for troubleshooting your Xfinity Internet connection

If you have speed tests or ping/trace routes, these really help us in seeing those inconsistent speeds and levels and is also something we can pass along to our tech teams when visiting the home. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here