L

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 10th, 2022 2:56 AM

Closed

Internet problem that needs escalation.

We have had Xfinity's internet service for about a year and a few months now and have been paying $140 a month for the "advertised" 1000mbps highest offered plan. In the time that we have had the plan we have never seen speeds over 600mbps (hardwired in) usually we will see about 200mbps. Depending on the time of day sometimes we will also see 50mbps with a ping that will skyrocket above 500. Last year we had 3 technician visits. They went over the basics (in house wiring, modem placement etc.) and said everything looked fine. They hooked into the modem and saw 900mbps (to the modem) called it a day and said everything is working how it's supposed too. I called and scheduled another technician visit after seeing constant speeds of 60mbps.. This technician said the modem wasn't the most updated unit and he was going to install this new one "capable of 1200mbps" He installed it, checked everything and went on his way. Fast forward a few days later and nothing has changed except for the fact that the ping reaches such high numbers that its impossible to game on, let alone it keeps losing connectivity. I call Xfinity again and we schedule a visit with a senior tech this time. This technician comes out and says he has been doing this for 15 years/he knows the problem is the coaxial cable running to our home. Xfinity schedules a time to come and replace the line in our backyard, the line gets replaced and nothing changes... At this point I was losing hope and just forgot about it. My wife was no longer able to use the wifi to work from home because it got so bad. Long story short, we had another technician come out, he said they put the wrong line in. A few days later they came and replaced the line again with a bigger coaxial cable.. Nothing changes. I call again just like clock work and they send out another senior technician.. he said the box that the line runs to is the issue, there is a module in there that was seeing a lot of interference and LTE was bleeding into it causing the internet to disconnect, ping to fluctuate very high and speeds to be very low. That module got replaced the same night and still the problem persists. Now all of these visits have been throughout the span of a year.. I have pictures/screenshots of every speed test wired, unwired, everything. Tonight I was trying to use the internet to play a game and saw a ping of 500+ download speeds of 60 and upload speeds of 36, if you watch it like a chart its constantly going up and down, from 0mbps to 300, to 60, to 150. But when that happens the ping is to high to do anything. Now there are times where our internet kind of works, we have seen okay speeds and okay ping.. but its rare. I called again tonight to see if there can be some type of resolution, maybe back pay or credit for paying $140 a month for a year and not even seeing a quarter of what our speeds should be throughout the whole period of time we have had Xfinity. They said they are going to send out a field research team to try and identify the problem at the end of this week, but I'm worried it is going to be the same thing all over again. I wanted to post here and see if anyone has came across the same problems. I am just at a loss and really need our internet working. I will include a few pictures of speed tests.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

2 years ago

@Logan801 

What modem do you have?  And has Comcast pushed the config file for your tier?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here