U

Thursday, June 20th, 2024 1:30 AM

Internet Instability when using video conferencing, Teams, Zoom, WebEx, etc

For several weeks I have been experiencing internet instability when sharing my webcam video on online conference platforms.  I have a gig speed modem and I'm getting over 100Mbps down and 40 mbps up at the office computer.   I haven't seen any answers in this forum but for a suspicion that it may have been caused by the cable company working with buried wiring.   It's been terribly frustrating working with Xfinity.  The customer service has been really poor both working with a tech (took hours to get someone live and we rebooted the modem multiple times), I went and replaced the modem and have been stuck in automated call menus AND automated rebooting of the modem again.   Is this instability happening with anyone else? 

Rich M

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hi there, @user_1k3edq ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having with your Internet service. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

1 month ago

I also have 1.4 gbs down and when my wife using teams for video I am knocked off.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hey there, Aceq2jot! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us on Xfinity Forums. That is certainly not the experience we want for our customers, can you share with us what troubleshooting steps you have taken?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here