U

Wednesday, July 24th, 2024 1:11 AM

Internet having issues while on games

While gaming on certain games like WOW, League of Legends, FF14, and Valorant I have been experiencing ping spikes my ping goes from a solid 20-30ms all the way to 2000-3000ms and then goes back down after a couple of seconds. I have run many tests like cmd pinging ISP and pingplotter as well to try and figure out the issue. I was hoping a technician or someone more knowledgeable about this stuff can help me after all these tests since I am not well versed at this stuff.

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

2 months ago

user_b46c3n Hello are you still having service issues?

4 Messages

Yep still am has been persisting for around a month now.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @user_b46c3n Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your gaming experience. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@user_b46c3n @XfinityJanelle 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

4 Messages

Currently the issue is the same apparently it is something on their end and their team is trying to fix it that is all I have heard so far

4 Messages

The issue ended up being a connector in my garage that was a little dated and was blocking certain connections that were newly implemented by xfinity. A tech swapped it out and now the ping spikes havent occured since hope it stays that way.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

Thanks for the update. Good luck with this !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here