Amy87's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 12th, 2024 11:34 PM

Internet goes down multiple times per hour

For two weeks we have been losing connection multiple times per hour.  I work from home,  and my employer is trying to be patient but my productivity is suffering badly.   The xfinity app just tells me to restart the modem,  which I've done several times a day for two weeks now,  but that's just a band-aid, because an hour later the connection starts dropping again. Then, after a frustrating 8 hours trying to work,  I can't even relax with streaming program because every 15-20 minutes the internet goes out. 

I can't reach a live person on the phone or app, and I am desperate,  this needs resolved quickly. I don't understand what I'm paying for if nothing works. 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

1 month ago

Hi there, Amy87! I sincerely apologize that the service has been giving you such trouble and thank both you and your employer for your patience and understanding. We never want your service to work like that and are happy to help! 

From what you have described this sound like timeouts are happening. Short pauses in the internet where it will come back online on its own. They are usually random and the modem will look like it is working while they are happening (no changes to modem lights). Have you checked the coax line between the wall outlet and the back of the modem to ensure there is no damage and that it is finger tight? Are there any splitters along that same coax line or is it a direct connection? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here