S

Monday, July 22nd, 2024 4:23 PM

Internet drops when call comes in on cell

I've had Xfinity internet for years, recently switched to xfinity mobile approx 6 months ago. Within the past week, when calls come in on my cell phone, the Internet completely disconnects/resets? The light on the modem will turn red then flash green then go back to normal like nothing happened. Called xfinity, everything looks fine on their end, except that when I turned off the modem to troubleshoot customer service woman said she was still getting a signal (no idea how) and as soon as I unplugged the modem, the call dropped - she called right back, and says she doesn't understand why that happened as the phone and internet should not be affecting each other. Yet here I am. Nothing changed inside my home no new devices added no settings changed on either my phone or internet, etc. Can anyone help direct me to a potential cause and how to go about fixing it? Thank you!!!

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

3 months ago

Hello, Snickersnacks thank you for taking time to create a post. You've contacted the right place for support, I know if my home network was dropping when receiving a cell phone call I'd be reaching out as well. Xfinity Mobile and Xfinity Internet do run on separate signal, so it is strange your internet is dropping during this time. 

I'd definitely like to investigate this further, and had a quick question: 

- Is your cell phone using WiFi calling? 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/what-is-wifi-calling

3 Messages

Yes, wifi calling is enabled

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Snickersnacks I appreciate the update. Does the network drop when turning the WiFi calling off as well? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

It has. Frequently it's triggered by calls and text messages coming in/going out, but the internet has also been going out with no identifiable triggers. At one point I thought perhaps it was a power issue, changed surge protectors, changed outlets, but it didn't help.

Good news however: I had a tech come out today, and it was determined that something is wrong with the main line; a team will be out to do repairs within the next 72 hours, so hopefully that fixes the issue!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Snickersnacks That is great to hear! I'm glad we were able to get someone out to take a look. I'll touch base with you at the beginning of next week to check the progress. If anything comes up over the weekend, please feel free to let us know. Have a fantastic weekend, and we'll chat soon! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Snickersnacks, Hi there! We just wanted to check back in with you today to see how the services are holding up.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here