U

11 Messages

Sunday, July 7th, 2024 2:31 AM

Internet drops due to OFDM channel uncorrectable errors

My internet connection starts to drop recently from time to time, once or 2 twice a day.

One of the OFDM channel(957Mhz) has uncorrected errors accumulating until it overflows and then modem reboots.

This channel only has ~13.4dBmV in pwr and 34dB for SNR, which I think both are low and probably out of spec.

Any Xfinity tech support on this forum could help to run a check from CMTS to the drop outside my house to confirm the signal integrity of the OFDM channels ?

"Ask Xfinity" app and current Comcast "AI" powered customer service doesn't help that much at all.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

Please copy all of the text in its entirety of the *Downstream Power Levels*, the *SNR's* (Signal to Noise Ratios), and the *Upstream Power Level* numbers and paste them into your next post.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem / gateway device ?

11 Messages

Cable modem: Motorola MB8611.

Singal spectrum see followings. OFDM -957Mhz is about -11dbB yesterday.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for helping @EG. user_5fb81w If you can send us a DM with your name and service address, I'd be happy to send a technician out to investigate.  

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

Yep, you are right. All of the other stats are good but the OFDM channel #34 is borked. I would recommend getting a tech out to investigate this one. Good luck !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here