Juar99's profile

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, July 11th, 2024 3:55 PM

Internet dropping repeatedly

Internet drops multiple times a week for 1-3 hours at a time. I'm unable to work because of it some days. I've restarted my router and modem multiple times. Xfinity says it's not on their end but the modem they provided me shows that it's lost Internet every time it happens

Expert

• 

105.5K Messages

2 months ago

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, as a test, does a computer / device that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this down to being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step in troubleshooting before proceeding any further. 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

It's both WiFi and hardwired. Whenever it happens both my modem and router lights show no internet connection. Sometimes I restart the modem and that fixes it. But, sometimes it doesn't fix it. Then I reach out to Xfinity chat and just get told to restart my modem. Usually it comes back up within an hour. But that still disrupts my work day. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @Juar99, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the internet connection, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

105.5K Messages

2 months ago

OK, what do the modem's signal stat values look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1 

Please copy all of the text in its entirety of the *Downstream Power Levels*, the *SNR's* (Signal to Noise Ratios), and the *Upstream Power Level* numbers and paste them into your next post.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem / gateway device ?

Expert

• 

105.5K Messages

1 month ago

@Juar99 

Have you had a chance to gather the requested information ? Please respond right here in your topic on these public help forums.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here