Woogie08's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 8:00 AM

Internet dropping out multiple times a day the last week (T3 timeouts)

I have gigabit internet through Comcast. I'm using a MOTOROLA DOCSIS 3.1 modem (Model MB8600) with an Asus RT-AC86U router.

Here's the modem log:

https://imgur.com/a/WZNBmgr

Connection info:

https://imgur.com/a/ZlG3rM5 

The last week or so I'm getting internet drops on all devices, wired and wireless. Sometimes it will come back up on its own sometimes I have to restart. I've got router logs I can share as well if needed but figured I'd start with the modem. Thanks in advance.

Responses

EG

Expert

• 

87.1K Messages

6 m ago

Even though the signal stats looked o/k at that snapshot in time, the error log entries confirm that something is going on. Perhaps there is noise ingress into the line(s) somewhere.

There are other signal stat figures that can't be read by the modem. They are the "Upstream Rx Power" (Upstream Receive Power Level), the "Upstream SNR Ch." (Upstream Signal To Noise Ratio), and the "Upstream ICFR" (In Channel Frequency Response). These are as equally important in diagnosing connectivity issues as are the modem's stats.

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They can check the CMTS (Cable Modem Termination System) for any real time degradation and / or error reports, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and see whether or not everything is in the green zone. They can also see a history plot for the modem and poll for those upstream receive signal stats.

You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

Thank you, EG. I just called Comcast Support directly and they're giving me the run around telling me that the signal looks fine so it must be an issue with the modem itself.

They did this to me last time. I reached out to my modem support and they told me it was an issue with Comcast. They sent a tech out and fixed it. This was at my last apartment.

I will try to call again until I get someone who will send a tech out.

Official Employee

• 

326 Messages

5 m ago

Hi, @Woogie08, I'm sorry about all the trouble with your service and getting the issue resolved. I will be more than happy to follow up on your account. Please click on my name and use the send message option to send us your name and service address so we can help with your connection. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

I am having the same problem for the past 3-4 weeks.  I am running a CM1000 modem on gigabit service.  I am having to restart the modem several times per day.

New to the Community?

Start Here