U

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024 2:16 AM

Closed

Internet Dropping out horrendously

Ever since I've had my internet it occasionally drops in a quality to sluggish slow for 2 minutes but wasn't too bad at least once a day, now its worsened ever since I had my internet upgraded, it's been horrendously slow, and the internet drops out in quality for a while. To where it is becoming hard to do my work, use for important tasks, use for relaxation and streaming and gaming as well. I'm unsure as to what has been causing it and have called technicians over to take a look at everything physically and sighted everything to be fine, I'm just wondering what in the heck could be causing such terrible problems for my router and home internet.

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

5 months ago

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, as a test, does a computer / device that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this down to being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step in troubleshooting before proceeding any further. 

3 Messages

@EG​ This is with a Wi-Fi connection yes, the connection will be fine for a time period then lag down to half of what my speed is (i use 300 mbps) some times even under 100 mbps) it will remain like this for a minute or two and sometimes it's taking 10 minutes and I'm forced to restart it, honestly at this point I'm unsure what I'm supposed to do, called technicians to take a look physicall, said nothing was wrong, replaced the modem, cabels etc. Unsure really what to do at this point.

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

user_kue73s My team can help you with your internet issues on our end. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I have the same exact problem 

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

5 months ago

Did you try that hardwired test ?

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

4 months ago

@user_7c12hr 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. 

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on someone else's older thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here