Internet drop for 15-30 seconds every hour or so
My internet has been dropping for about 15 - 30 seconds every hour for the past 6 months or so. In the past 6 months I haven't made any changes to my account or home network. I did some test's and it seems like the internet doesn't fully drop, but speeds decrease to around 1-5Kb/s.
I think my modem is fairly new. Maybe a year or year and a half old so I don't believe this is the issue.
Here's what I'm planning on doing:
1. Replace splitter in attic. (Right now I have 2 Antronix CMC2004H's || My plan is to get a newer 1x8)
2. Replace coax cable from office wall to modem in office
3. Replace modem
4. Replace ethernet going from modem to router
5. Replace ethernet going from router to Desktop
5.5 Replace / elminate router (don't think this is the issue)
6. Have line replaced from telephone pole to house
7. Replace coax cable from splitter down to office (really don't want to do this)
Does this sound like a good action plan? Any other suggestions here?