U

Wednesday, August 21st, 2024 9:50 PM

Internet down after "network enhancement"

Mastec has been working in my neighborhood for 2-3 weeks and has been causing intermittent outages. Today, xfinity was doing their enhancement work in the backyard, finishing at 3pm. Now my router is blinking green, unable to connect to xfinity at all. Is this expected or does the work done today need to be reevaluated? I've done all the classic "unplug for 30 secs".. Etc etc. 

Accepted Solution

2 Messages

29 days ago

Where are you located?

4 Messages

Located in Fort Myers, FL       

2 Messages

I’m in Cape Coral and have been experiencing the same issues. Mastec trucks parked in the neighborhood. I’m not home between 7am-6pm to see what work is being done. Must be the enhancement work as well? 

4 Messages

They're definitely doing line management, just not sure what. I'm usually home during the day when it happens but today was xfinity doing the work instead of mastec. Now internet doesn't work at all. 

4 Messages

@user_289dbl​ the technician working in my backyard had cut my cable line and decided not to reinstall one before he left. So that's why I had no internet. Make sure they hook you back in before they leave! 

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

@user_7lxmlh Thanks for posting on the forums and sharing your experience. Also the solution to the concern. Delays are never any fun, especially when it's something simple like a forgotten step or connection mistake. We appreciate your patience and thank you a ton for being so calm about what happened. I am glad to see it is all connected again, and hope all is well in FL this afternoon with the humidity. It has been raining a lot here lately, so I know it's gonna get heavy later. Is everything working well, or better now with the recent upgrades? I know everyone in the area is going to be happy with the increased performance. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here