U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, May 20th, 2023 12:05 AM

Closed

Internet disconnects every hour or so for 5-10 seconds.

Lately my internet has been randomly disconnecting every hour or so for roughly 5-10 seconds. It makes it really hard to watch any type of tv and things of that sort. I’ve tried everything to get this fixed but it’s been going on for a while now. 

Expert

• 

105.8K Messages

1 year ago

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@EG​ 

Thank you! I checked for serve interruptions and there was none. Every test I run also says everything is running great. I’ve done everything I’ve read about to try and solve this issue and nothing has fixed it. Everything in the link you listed above I’ve also looked into and it matches.

Expert

• 

105.8K Messages

1 year ago

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1 

Please copy all of the text in its entirety of the *Downstream Power Levels*, the *SNR's* (Signal to Noise Ratios), and the *Upstream Power Level* numbers and paste them into your next post.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem / gateway device ?

Is this with a WiFi connection ?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@EG​ 

The cable modem is technicolor,

Model: CGM4331COM , product type XB7. This has been occurring with wifi connection but also with Ethernet as well.
Upstream power lvls:
Power Level
45.0 dBmV
46.0 dBmV
47.0 dBmV
47.8 dBmV
Downstream;
SNR
42.1 dB
41.9 dB
41.8 dB
41.8 dB
41.8 dB
42.1 dB
42.2 dB
42.0 dB
42.0 dB
41.9 dB
42.0 dB
42.0 dB
42.1 dB
42.1 dB
42.1 dB
42.0 dB
41.9 dB
41.9 dB
42.0 dB
41.9 dB
42.2 dB
42.0 dB
42.0 dB
41.9 dB
41.9 dB
42.1 dB
42.1 dB
42.1 dB
42.0 dB
42.0 dB
42.2 dB
41.4 dB

Power Level
-1.2 dBmV
-3.3 dBmV
-3.3 dBmV
-3.1 dBmV
-3.0 dBmV
-2.6 dBmV
-2.3 dBmV
-2.5 dBmV
-2.3 dBmV
-2.3 dBmV
-2.2 dBmV
-2.2 dBmV
-2.1 dBmV
-1.9 dBmV
-1.8 dBmV
-1.9 dBmV
-1.8 dBmV
-1.9 dBmV
-1.7 dBmV
-1.8 dBmV
-1.6 dBmV
-1.7 dBmV
-1.7 dBmV
-1.9 dBmV
-1.7 dBmV
-1.4 dBmV
-1.6 dBmV
-1.4 dBmV
-1.4 dBmV
-1.3 dBmV
-1.0 dBmV
-1.6 dBmV

(edited)

Expert

• 

105.8K Messages

1 year ago

Hmmm.... Yes, the stats were all in spec. at that snapshot in time. But there are other signal stat values that can't be read by the modem. They are the "Upstream Rx Power" (Upstream Receive Power Level), the "Upstream SNR Ch." (Upstream Signal To Noise Ratio), and the "Upstream ICFR" (In Channel Frequency Response). These are as equally important in diagnosing connectivity issues as are the modem's stats.

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) who are available to these boards. They will be able to poll the CMTS (Cable Modem Termination System) to check for any real-time degradation and / or error reports, see your node / cable plant, and modem health, and see whether or not everything is in the green zone. They can also see a history plot for the modem and poll the CMTS for those upstream receive signal stats.

You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@EG​ 

when should I expect this response? Thanks

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here