Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, August 6th, 2024 8:37 PM

internet connection

I have 2 laptop PCs. Since a power outage yesterday, neither will connect to my internet. I worked with Xfinity Assistant and everything looks OK at that end.

I restarted one of the computers--didn't help.

Then I noticed that my iphone is connected to wifi now.  I am in MA but the phone says it is connected to my FL wifi.

How can this be? My FL account is in suspension. And I am very far away from it.

What's going on and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

Hello, @4cu66YF. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums, I can certainly understand the importance of being able to have access to your internet. Does your home network come up as an option at all when you look for it? Other than restarting your computers have you attempted to do any troubleshooting steps?

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

My network here in MA shows up as Available but won't connect and I cannot see any Properties for it.

I spent some time with Assistant...they re-started my modem/router, checked everything, and said it all looked fine at their end.

I don't understand how I can be connected to a network that is hundreds of miles away. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4cu66YF Let's take a closer look for you! Please send us a direct message. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ 

I did this, I hope correctly.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

So what's next...what do I do now??

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

4cu66YF We replied to your Direct Message and are awaiting your reply back to us. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@4cu66YF @XfinityMartyR 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I will do that as soon as it is resolved.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@4cu66YF 

Good luck !

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I am getting NO HELP with this problem! Very frustrating!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here