U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Apr 22, 2022 7:29 AM

Internet Coax Disconnected Outside

Came home late last night to find online light extinguished on modem. All other lights are on. I traced the coax line to the outside box, opened it and found the coax was disconnected. Apparently a technician had connected someone else in my spot, but I don't know which splitter within the box belongs to my apartment. 

Went to Xfinity app to set up an appt. and sorely disappointed that it will take 4 days to get a technician here to connect a freakn coax!

This is horribly unacceptable bevavior by any technician. Pure laziness!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

585 Messages

2分前

Welcome to our community forum, @user_b11aa9! You've reached the perfect place to get help with anything you need. I rely on my internet for work so I know I'd be upset if my service was cut off. I'm so sorry to hear about this and I'm here to make sure this is taken care of as soon as possible so you can get back to enjoying your service. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to make sure you have the soonest appointment available. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB​ 

Thank you. The technician arrived this morning and ensured service was restored. Yes, another technician did disconnect my service this week in order to connect a new customer, but was too lazy to provide another splitter so that each customer could be accomodated with service. He or she felt it was expedient at the time to free up one splitter by removing my coax. At any rate, the tech this morning did fail to put all of coax connections back in the boxes. All of the connections are exposed to the elements. Due to some rain earlier this morning, I'm sure he didn't want to be in harm's way. I hope he intends to get back here to get all of the exposed cables into the box.

XfinityJodie

Official Employee

• 

624 Messages

@user_b11aa9 I would really like to make sure they do come back and clean that up. Please send us a private message with your full name and service address. 

To send the requested information in a private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

•    Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible
  •    Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3ODKPde
  •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person", but don't do that.
  •       Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  •   Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter or tap the >icon to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityJodie​ 

I sent you an internal message with picture

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here