D

Saturday, May 18th, 2024 5:19 PM

Intermittent T4 Time Outs Everyday for over a month - still nothing fixed

Hello,

I've been dealing with my modem losing connection to the internet multiple times per day and cannot solve this problem for the life of me. I've replaced the router/modem, installed a new coax cable, hardwired my PC to the router, and, per an Xfinity tech's recommendation, purchased a UPS with AVR, as he thought there was a voltage issue. None of these have solved my issue. I've called Xfinity 3-4 times about this and no one has been able to help.

In looking at my logs, when I lose connection it states "Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out." After doing some research, I think some of the external cables may be an issue, as they are old and use multiple splitters. The Xfinity tech that came out here said he doesn't know about external cables or much that goes on outside the house so all he was able to say was "they look good."

Can someone please help fix this issue before I go insane.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

DTocci7 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address? We'll be happy to investigate this further. Also, here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

4 Messages

Alright, just sent the dm.

4 Messages

Hi @XfinityBenjaminM , just want to check in, as I sent this info 2 days ago.

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

3 months ago

@DTocci7 @XfinityBenjaminM 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

4 Messages

@EG​ Will do - don't want anyone suffering this same fate

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here