U

Tuesday, September 24th, 2024 4:47 PM

Intermittent internet

I lose internet through the entire day. Tried AI chat, checks my system, all seems ok but I lose internet service during the check, but AI says all is fine! Trying to chat here too and I lose signal. 

Tim

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

12 days ago

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, as a test, does a computer / device that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this down to being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step in troubleshooting before proceeding any further.

2 Messages

Pardon the delay. I did an online chat with Xfinity rep last week, they said my router dates needed to be updated which they updated remotely. They also sold me on upgrading my speed for $10 more a month which was to help with my issue. Right- that will be a new call into Xfinity.  Today, I have tried to hard wire 10/100 from the pc to the Xfinity router, same issue. White light on Xfinity router despite losing signal. Signal is up, then down, all day long. Open to other suggestions. Thanks team!

Tim

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

10 days ago

user_ht4pry Good afternoon! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Support. I can see how losing connection would be frustrating, I'd be frustrated as well. I'm happy to help identify the issue. Before we dive in, can you please share any troubleshooting you have tried besides the system checks? Have you tried to reboot your modem, check your connections? I look forward to working with you today! 

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

10 days ago

@user_ht4pry 

Have you had a chance to try that test ? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here