U

Sunday, September 1st, 2024 9:51 PM

Intermittent internet drops/massive packet loss spikes for past several months

First, I'm on a wired connection with a relatively new modem.  Several times a day, usually late afternoon, my internet will drop for 1-5 minutes.  I had just got accustomed to this during the summer, and it honestly didn't impact me that much, but now it's impacting work.  Is there anyway I can get a tech to look at our node as that's the only thing I can think of that could be an issue.  Navigating customer service feels like a labyrinth, and is often completely unhelpful (eg: restarting my modem, etc).  

1 Message

15 days ago

Been having similar issues with my router/modem combo as well. Started a few days ago and was notified about some outages in my area this morning they were all “fixed” and my internet seemed fine. Cam back from some errands around 2pm Central and my wifi is back to 5% plan speed and dropping intermittently. Using wired and wireless connections

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_yrt9hx

Thank you for reaching out to let us know what's been going on with your router and modem combo. It sounds like you've been dealing with some pretty frustrating connectivity issues over the past few days. Even though you were notified about outages in your area that were supposedly fixed, I can see clearly that your internet isn't back to normal yet. Coming home to find your Wi-Fi only running at 5% of the expected speed and cutting out intermittently, both on wired and wireless connections, must be really disappointing. I’m here to help, and we’ll work to get your internet running smoothly again. Do you use an Xfinity Gateway or do you have your own modem? Have you seen any more alerts of service interruption again since you made this post?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

13 days ago

Hello @user_4kpeqf, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

2 Messages

13 days ago

The issues are the same as those in the earlier post with the following heading. It seems to be a widespread issue, and I spent an hour with no outcome from the customer success team. They sent a technician who, like a parrot, kept repeating the same statement with no solution. 

Intermittent Connection Drops and Packet Loss (every 15-20 Minutes)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here