michaelvp32's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Dec 13, 2020 8:00 AM

Intermittent Connection loss

Over the past year since I moved into my new house I have had constant internet issues. Connection is 600 mbps but my kids struggle to finish video games and watch shows without a connection interrupted or buffering. I have had at least 10 techs out and had everything changed in the house. The connection will drop for less than a minute at random times and freeze everything and then go back to normal. Zoom calls drop, everything just goes out for seconds and then comes back on.

Any suggestions?

Responses

bolster

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

6 m ago

Please take a look at my experience and associate thread in fixing a similar problem, in case it helps.

EG

Expert

• 

87K Messages

6 m ago

@michaelvp32 wrote:

Over the past year since I moved into my new house I have had constant internet issues. Connection is 600 mbps but my kids struggle to finish video games and watch shows without a connection interrupted or buffering. I have had at least 10 techs out and had everything changed in the house. The connection will drop for less than a minute at random times and freeze everything and then go back to normal. Zoom calls drop, everything just goes out for seconds and then comes back on.

Any suggestions?

Are these WiFi connections ? If so, for a test, does a computer / device hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this from being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step of troubleshooting before we proceed any further.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

These are all Ethernet issues.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

It recently started again, i can go days or weeks without and issue then all the sudden there are days where it times out every 5 minutes.

New to the Community?

Start Here