J

Tuesday, March 12th, 2024 7:36 PM

Closed

Installing a mesh system

Hello, I am trying to purchase a mesh system for my home. I have the 1TB plan and an Xfi Gateway. I understand this is a good plan, but I always seem to lack internet speed and game speed/downloads. I wanted to see which mesh systems 6e are compatible with the Xfinity gateway. I work from home, have a smart home setup with multiple devices, and enjoy gaming. I would like to have a good gaming connection speed and connection to all of my devices. The room my game system is in does not have an ethernet connection outlet due to how my house was built. I've tried having someone come out and see if they could drop a line, but the job would be too difficult. That is why I am recommending a mesh system to fix this issue of internet speed within my house. Which system would work best for my situation? I want to avoid using XFI pods. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

6 months ago

Hello jshirley98 several Wi-Fi mesh systems can be compatible with an XFi Gateway when Bridge Mode is enabled. While we don't have an official recommended list, we can point you to trusted sources that may help. 

PCMag Best Wi-Fi Mesh Systems 2024

CNET Best Wi-Fi Routers

1 Message

@XfinityAlfonso​ 

Has anything changed on a recommended list for mesh networks? I went from 50 to 700 MBPS when I changed to the xfinity modem. I get half that in my basement. I want to carry over that speed with the rightn mesh network.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here