U

Thursday, July 11th, 2024 12:32 AM

Insanely slow upload speeds (download is fine)

Hello, I recently got an SB8200 and a Flint 2 router to replace my Xfi gateway. The setup went well and I followed the manual and activated the modem with Xfinity. I went to go run a speed test and the download was 700 mbps, but upload was only 5.9 mbps at most (I have a 500/100 plan). It would never exceed 5.9 mbps, besides when I first run the test, it goes to around 7 but then rapidly drops back to 5.9 mbps. I’ve spent the entire day trying to fix this and I’m completely out of ideas. I tried contacting Xfinity support to see if they are limiting it somehow but their [Edited: "Language"] support was just trying to sell me their products for 40 minutes straight. I contacted Arris support and they told me to try to reprovision my modem, which I did, but it didn’t make a difference in my upload speeds. I still suspect Xfinity is limiting it somehow, unless it could be a faulty modem?? I’m completely out of ideas and I would really appreciate any help or any ideas, thanks in advance.

Official Employee

• 

789 Messages

2 months ago

user_126hd9 Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here