D

Wednesday, June 5th, 2024 4:40 AM

I need help with my Moca setup1

Hey guys. I'm not an expert in network but I'm having troubles with my Moca setup. I successfully connected everything, and my PC has internet via ethernet, but I definitely have packet loss and weird spikes of high ping.

This is the adapter I currently have: Amazon.com: Hitron Bonded MoCA 2.5 Adapter (2-Pack) | 1 Gbps Ethernet, 2.5 Gbps Over existing Coax Cable | Ideal Backbone for Mesh WiFi, Streaming and Gaming | 2 HTEM4 Adapters in Kit : Electronics

Ground floor:

Coax Point of Entry -> Xfinity router -> ethernet -> adapter -> coax to wall

First floor:

Coax from wall -> adapter -> ethernet -> PC

I'm not sure if this is correct but this is a rental and went they built it they setup a coax cable from one floor to another instead of ethernet cables.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

4 months ago

Thank you for sharing how you having your network set up, @dacastro4. I'd be more than happy to review your account to see how we can take care of this packet loss you're experiencing.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

4 months ago

@dacastro4 @XfinityRaul 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here