U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 18th, 2024 5:41 AM

Closed

I am experiencing frequent spiking every 11 minutes in gameplay during online games/matches.

I experience the spiking in two separate 3-5 second periods that occur back to back every 11 minutes or so while in online games/matches. I have began to record the time of the spiking occurring and have found that it is happening every 11 minutes. I have used the xfinity app to test the connection several times and each time it says I am getting around 110%+ of the 1200 mbps plan speed. However, when I intentionally tested the connection around the 11 minute mark a few times the speed to gateway dropped as low as 50% of the plan speed with a recommendation of restarting the gateway which I have already done multiple times. I instantly tested the connection again after the 11ish minute mark and it was back to the 110%+ range. I believe I was testing the connection when the spike/drop in mbps occurred. The speed and connection are fine as the xfinity app shows outside of this frequent small window of spiking/drop in mbps that lasts 3-5 seconds and occurs every 11 minutes. I have attempted to restart/reset my gaming console and gateway. I have tested online games/matches with a wired and wireless connection. I have tried using different consoles and devices. None of these potential solutions have solved the issue. I began to experience this issue around Wed 6/12.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

The tech replaced the amplifiers and the spiking/drop in mbps every 11 minutes issue was resolved after testing it a few times after the amplifiers were replaced. I appreciate all the support received throughout the entire process.

Official Employee

• 

589 Messages

4 months ago

Thank you for taking your time and providing your detailed post, @user_10113b. Our team can definitely understand how stressful and irritating it is to have frequent issues with your internet connection. We all work from home on this end of the screen so we can completely relate to how it causes you to make arrangements that you didn't expect. If you could please send me a DM with your first and last name along with your full-service address, we can get started assisting with your connection issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sounds good I have sent the DM including full name and service address.

Appreciate the support. 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

4 months ago

@user_10113b @XfinityBradM 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

4 months ago

Thanks for updating your topic. Hope things hold up for you ! Good luck ! No closing your marked "solved" topic.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here