U

Tuesday, August 27th, 2024 11:12 PM

Huge Latency Spikes & Packet Loss

Hello - I've been have huge spikes in latency and packet loss over the last week in my internet connection.  It's been causing jitter and dropped frames in my games which hasn't happened in the last several years.  Running a ping stability tool, I'm seeing ping generally well under 50 msec jumping intermittently up over 500 msec.  I just saw 3 quick latency jumps to well over 500 in a minute and half span.  Every time those happen, my multiplayer games pause/stutter for a sec interrupting my gameplay.  

I'm also having just generally slow or intermittent issues with other devices connected.  

I've tried all the Xfinity troubling shooting tips... running the online diagnosis (everything is fine), looking for outages or interruptions in my area (there are none), resetting the modem, etc. and nothing has helped.  Please help me fix!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

23 days ago

Good evening @user_8kaxa1, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your connection issues, we appreciate it! As someone who works from home and lives with a house of gamers, I understand how frustrating connection issues can be and am sorry to see that you have been having huge spikes in latency and packet loss over the last week. 

We appreciate you trying all of the troubleshooting tips and running the online diagnosis, thank you for taking the time to do that. Our team will be happy to take a closer look and check your signal levels and network health. Rest assured, we're here to help. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further! 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

23 days ago

@user_8kaxa1 @XfinityAlyssaA 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here