U

Monday, September 30th, 2024 6:20 PM

How to un-reserve device DHCP address on XB7 Technicolor Model CGM4331COM modem

I want to re-assign a reserved DHCP IP address on the XB7 Technicolor Model CGM4331COM modem. I have:

1. Set (using Edit) the old device from Reserved back to DHCP (Saved then verified its status is DHCP).

2. Set the new device from DHCP to Reserved IP and tried to use the original device's reserved IP address. This gives me an error saying the reserved IP address belongs to another device and will not apply the change.

3. Although the old device shows up with a non-reserved IP address, there is still an entry for it in the Offline Devices which shows it to be DHCP after editing.

Anyone know how to re-assign reserved IP addresses without factory resetting the modem?

Official Employee

• 

775 Messages

4 days ago

Hey there, user_ax9lvp! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. With our IP addresses, they are assigned to the device dynamic, and so the previous reserved IP would be tied to the other device. This is typically something that is best used with Static IPs to have 1 set IP for your devices, which is available with our Comcast Business services. Did you attempt to factory reset the device? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here