U

Thursday, August 29th, 2024 12:25 AM

how to shut off hot spot? keep getting error message, try again later

Is there anyway to shut off hot spot. I KNOW they say, I've read it doesnt effect your use, but it sure does.  I spent almost an hour on phone with customer service who assured me, it was now off. but it's on again. and several times I tried to disable, same as months ago, error message.   So I unplugged the gateway for half hour and now, I can be on line again.  I live alone, no tv on, unplugged my printer, alexa ,  so only thing using wi fi, my lap top and phone, and still couldnt load a page to post happy birthday on FB, Couldnt you tube on phone.  well, could but took 5 minutes. Low and behold, after 30 minutes, everything works fine.  Some one else has to have this issue???  help if you know anything, and grateful for reading, the customer service person I was on the phone with so long, never told me if I bought my own moden, gateway, which I am doing tomorrow.   !!!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

19 days ago

user_c96082 Thanks for reaching out! There are a couple of places you can turn off the Xfinity Wi-Fi Hotspot that is being broadcasted from the Xfinity Gateway in your home. Please take a look at this article. It will walk you through the steps in the Xfinity app, or Xfinity online account portal. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here