Kwoodaa's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Saturday, April 4th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

How to get ALL hardwired internet connections in house to work

I’m in a new house. Why can’t I connect my router/modem to ANY of the hardwired connections. Only the kitchen works! I’m a teacher ... help!

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Yes coax connections thank you. Is xfinity the only one who can fix it? Their chat isn’t open now.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Kwoodaa wrote:
I’m in a new house. Why can’t I connect my router/modem to ANY of the hardwired connections. Only the kitchen works! I’m a teacher ... help!

Are you referring to coaxial outlets?  If so, They all might go to the Comcast entrypoint to your house, but only the kitchen cable is connected to the splitter.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Kwoodaa wrote:
Ok so I paid over $1000 to have a “thing” installed to centralize all the wiring. I have a picture of it and it’s a bunch of coax cables that go into a small box. All installed in wall. Do you know the name of that “thing”? I’m assuming if I can figure out where all the coax cables connect to, maybe I can put my router in there and all of the hardwired wall connections would work? I appreciate your help! I’m the computer lab teacher at my school and am helping everyone but not a hardware expert.

You might post the picture of it for us to see.  Is your 'router' you're referring to, the Xfinity Gateway which receives the coaxial cable and what make/model is it?

Do you know if your active coaxial outlet is connected to that small box or did Xfinity bypass that box to make your connection?

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I don’t see how to post pictures here. I’m on my phone and going thru a browser. The interface is simplistic. Is there an app?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

I'm using Chrome on my Moto z4 phone and took a screenshot showing the option to Browse files to attach. Ouch, it's so big.

1 Attachment

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Ok so I paid over $1000 to have a “thing” installed to centralize all the wiring. I have a picture of it and it’s a bunch of coax cables that go into a small box. All installed in wall. Do you know the name of that “thing”? I’m assuming if I can figure out where all the coax cables connect to, maybe I can put my router in there and all of the hardwired wall connections would work? I appreciate your help! I’m the computer lab teacher at my school and am helping everyone but not a hardware expert.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Kwoodaa wrote:
Yes coax connections thank you. Is xfinity the only one who can fix it? Their chat isn’t open now.

It all depends on where the splitter is, if one.  If all the room coax cables converge at one place (basement/garage, etc) and one of them is connected to the Comcast feed, then if you have access, you could possible move the connections from one to another.  If they all go outside to a box/post controlled by Comcast, then you'd need Comcast to identify and move it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you, not sure if this helps.  Do you happen to know the best way to actually TALK to someone at Xfinity.

internet1.jpginternet2.jpginternet3.jpginternet4.jpginternet5.jpg

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

internet2.jpg

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

ugh...I give up.  I really appreciate you trying to help me today!  I have no button on my iphone thru Chrome or Safari and I finally got a 100 ft ethernet cord to tie me over and posted them on the desktop and they didn't post, as you can see.  I will figure out a way to get in touch with Xfinity.  Thanks, again!  katheryn

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

5 years ago

Who installed the "thing"/device with all the cables going into it?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here