Saturday, June 27th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

How to fix 500 internal Service error

How to fix 500 internal service error

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the link.  I believe I fixed it by restarting the modem, but I will run the other solutions that you sent.

Rockrat2

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

4 years ago

FWIW, it has nothing to do with the modem or Comcast. It's a site / remote server error.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hello EG:  Again thanks for the response.   In the interest of expanding our knowledge base, I found the following. 

"Websites phrase 500 errors in many ways but they're all basically saying the same thing: there's a general server issue going on right now.
Most of the time there isn't anything you can do but contact the website directly and then wait on them to fix it.
In the off chance there is a problem on your end, try clearing the cache and deleting any cookies from the site with the error."

I always try to take the quickest and simplest way out.   Restarting the modem did the trick.

There are a lot of strange things going on yesterday.   First was a power surge ....  protected and blocked.    Then Roku went out.  Then partial service on Comcast.   Then a electrical storm short and sweet.  The day before there was an upgrade from MS windows that failed.  So that might have had something to do with it also.    However, the simple restart of the modem seems to have done the trick.  Thanks again.

Rockrat2

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

4 years ago

Let's check your signal status for the halibut.

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Are you currently experiencing any connectivity / speed problems ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here