zzzhhh's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, January 12th, 2020 4:00 AM

Closed

How to configure NAT (or port forwarding)

I am a broadband internet service customer of Xfinity. When I was an AT&T internet customer, there is a webpage (visited through an internal IP address. I guess it comes from the router) in which I can set up NAT (or port forwarding) so that I can visit my home computer when I am not at home. It provides some predefined NAT settings, usually related to games. My questions is: is there such a webpage for Xfinity internet users to fulfill the same task? Thank you.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

If I wanna connect to my home desktop using Windows Remote Desktop (port#: 3389, protocol: UDP) from outside (say in a restaurant or office) , is the following settings correct (assuming the computer name of my home desktop is NEW-DESKTOP and its internal IP address is 10.0.0.31)?

Untitled.pngThe uploaded picture just does not show. This is the link to it: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZDrP55KZyv1NdmhLA 

Then, when I try to connect from outside using remote desktop, what is the port number I should use, 3389 or something else? When I was an AT&T user, I also need to provide an external port number other than 3389 to distinguish among different desktop computers at home using address like my_ip:ext_port. That way, the remote desktop packages can communicate with the specified home desktop on port 3389 with the aid of NAT service. But there is no such option in Xfinity. What is the external port then? Does Xfinity support NAT in home network? Thank you for further help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here