U

Friday, July 5th, 2024 8:49 PM

Closed

How to Change xfinity router username and password

Someone in my household changed the factory default username and password both. I haven't a clue what they could be and now im locked out of managing the router entirely.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

3 months ago

You'll need to hard reset the device back to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear (or use the WPS button if it doesn't have a reset button hole) for 30 seconds. The user name and the password will now become the defaults of admin and password. As an FYI, you will lose any customized settings, and they will need to be re-configured from scratch.

(edited)

3 Messages

Thank you very much EG. I looked everywhere for that answer and nobody till now was able to help. Appreciate your time.

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

@user_16e1da 

You're very welcome ! Now closing your marked "Solved" topic.

(edited)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

3 Messages

3 months ago

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have since changed the password to my xfinity account and I changed the registered user's amount of control they have to streaming only with no power to change any settings. Thanks in advance if anybody has a fix.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here