rcarlone's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 29th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

how to add two routers to xfinity modem/router combo

i want to add additional routers (2) to my xfinity modem/router combo.  I do not want to set the comcast router as a bridge connection.  I want to end up with additional wireless net works. Can you explain how to do this..  

Ralph

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi, rcarlone. We want to help! We typically don't recommend enabling more than one router, due to interference reasons. Are you having trouble with internet connectivity or coverage?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

no problem with xfinity just does not have the reach as my netgear nighthawk 6.  I do not want to bridge the xfinity because that would disable the xfinity router or use my router to extend or as an access point because that would cut down on bandwith.  I just want to add it to the xfinity router to increase networks and get more distance.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

I see. You're welcome to try this by hardwiring two routers to the Xfinity Gateway, although it's not recommended. By enabling bridge mode, it wouldn't cut down on bandwidth or anything. In order to get more distance, we would normally recommend looking into Xfinity pods, which you can find out more about here: https://comca.st/2La5AS5. Let us know what other questions you have!

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

3 years ago

Checkout Richard Lloyd YouTube channel,  he explains it in detail how to do it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here