alienist's profile

Contributor

• 

475 Messages

Saturday, May 16th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

How to activate a new Modem without internet?

I bought a brand new cable modem off amazon. An xfinity approved cable modem. Comcast wont let me activate it though. To activate it through the xfinity website using https://xfinity.com/activate you need an internet connection but naturally of course I dont have that because my cable modem is not activate. I tried bootstraping the process by hooking back up the xfinity gateway but that gets me nowhere. It doesn't let me enter in anything for the new modem. It just brings up options for changing wifi settings in the xfinity gateway. So in other words, comcast is locking me in, forcing me against my will, to rent and use their xfinity gateway.

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

4 years ago

Give this automated device activation line a shot: 1-855-652-3446. Even if the automation fails, you then get connected to an advanced repair representative rather than a tier 1 phone rep. Good luck !!!

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

4 years ago

Cell phone ? Borrow a phone ?

Contributor

• 

475 Messages

4 years ago

Cable modem not activated so no xfinity voice.

Contributor

• 

475 Messages

4 years ago

If I could use a cell phone like a hearing person does I wouldn't have a clarity ensemble captioning phone for the deaf & hard of hearing.

Contributor

• 

475 Messages

4 years ago

Comcast made the simple impossible 🙈

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@alienist
How would @EG know about your hearing disability, they are trying to help you, no need to be rude.

Contributor

• 

475 Messages

4 years ago

My issue is with comcast NOT @EG so why you trying to make this about @EG?

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

4 years ago

So sorry about your disability, but there was no indication. I'm not a mind reader.... God bless you !!!

Contributor

• 

475 Messages

4 years ago

@EG I have No beef with you. Comcast did me wrong NOT you. THank You Kindly Sir. 🙂

Contributor

• 

475 Messages

4 years ago

Am I going to have to send comcast a bill for the bill they are sending me?  🤔

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here