U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 30th, 2024 9:08 PM

How long after a neighborhood Mid-split upgrade to infrastructure before I see faster upload speeds and new plans?

Our neighborhood had infrastructure upgrades to our node last Friday. How long does it take typically to be able to see the new plans and faster upload speeds?

I'm still stuck at 40Mbps up.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

20 days ago

... I'm still stuck at 40Mbps up.

Do you have a compatible modem or gateway? To get the higher upload speeds you need one of these devices:

• Comcast/Xfinity XB6, XB7, or XB8 
  • Hitron Technologies CODA or CODA56
  • Netgear CM2500, CM3000, or CBR750
  • ARRIS/Surfboard G20, G34, G36, G54 or S34
  • Ubiquiti UCI 

And there are additional requirements. See https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/wiki/knowledgebase/next-generation-internet/.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thanks for the info. Yes, I have an XB8. I'm not seeing the new plans for my address yet, so I believe it's on Xfinity's side to enable the new speeds.

Our node has been upgraded (a week ago)... So the question is how long before they enable things?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_fd24bb

Hi, thank you for reaching out and creating a new post. It's exciting to hear we wrapped up the work at the local node. I also see you already have an XB8, so you are ready to go. As far as when it will officially roll out to you, I unfortunately don't have a way to check on a timeline for this. It will vary in area, and there may be additional work on other equipment that is still needed. That said, you will be notified on the Xfinity App, by email, and even by mail in some areas. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here