U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 8:43 PM

How do I turn off the WPS on the Xfinity gateway

How do I turn off the WPS on this Xfinity gateway? I don't see an option in my app or online.

Contributor

• 

141 Messages

3 months ago

I don't think you can do this in the app or in the web tool. You will need to log into the gateway directly:

• In your web browser, navigate to 10.0.0.1 to dial into the gateway.
  • Enter your admin user name and password. If you have never changed it, the password may appear on a sticker on the gateway.
  • Expand Connection and select Wi-Fi.
  • Click Add Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) Client under Private Wi-Fi Network.
  • Click Disable on the first line and wait for the process to run.

Note: I tracked this down recently and disabled my WPS button because it looked like this capability was preventing the Wi-Fi connectivity of my new car from connecting to my home network as a security precaution. My car still won't connect, so I turned it back on. Best of luck to you, whatever you're hoping to accomplish.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@requa​, I turned it off, and it turned itself back on.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 months ago

Hello user_74ac8e, thank you for reaching out to our Forum for help. Can you please follow the steps listed in this hyperlinked Walkthrough, and let me know if you were able to find the steps for your device? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​, I want the WPS OFF, not on.

Contributor

• 

141 Messages

The process is not intuitive. You have to click a link for adding a WPS client to get to the screen that lets your disable WPS. Try the linkes steps and see if it does what you're trying to do. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here