rwbarnes's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 18th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

How do I REMOVE a reserved static IP address in my Xfinity Router for a disconnected device

I had previously reserved a few static IP addresses for devices I no longer have. When I log into my router and look at the connected devices I can see the list of "Offline Devices" and the devices I had reserved IPs for are still listed (as expected). There doesn't seem to be any way to remove/forget or otherwise change the static assignment.

If I still had the device I could simply connect it and edit the config, but since I no longer have the device, it seems to be lost in this "Offline Devices" vortex 🙂

Does anyone know how I can remove, delete or change this IP assigment?

Any guidance is appreciated.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same issue.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

No replies yet. It's very frustrating.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Actually, I did some further looking and found that if I go to xfinity.com/myxfi and login View Network Details, select Gateway, go all the way to the bottom and select View All Connected Devices, scroll to the bottom to where it says x Devices Not Connected... you should see a device list. Clicking on the right arrow of the device you want to remove should bring you to the device info, scroll down and click on the right arrow to expand. You’ll see the button to Forget Device. That is supposed to remove it after the changes is propagated.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

The Forget Device in the Xifi does not always work for reserved IP's that were created in the old Admin app.  I have a device with a reserved IP that shows up as connected (and is connected) in the XiFi app but shows as not connected in the old Admin app.  You can forget the device in the XiFi app but as soon as the device is reconnected to the LAN it picks up the reserved IP.  Since the device does not show as connected in the old Admin app I cannot update the device to DHCP.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Add it to the blocked device list, then go to the blocked device and there is the option to remove device.

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

3 years ago

Year old dead thread now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here