lightningrob's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 12th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

How do I find upload speeds of my plan or any other plans???

Why is there NO info online?  For my plan, I see only download speed, not upload.  Same for all other available plans listed.  I'm getting a lot of disconnects, and I think we may be maxing out our upload link, but I don't know what our limit is.  Same thing for the data usage.  I can see our daily usage and per device, but how much of that is upload vs download?  Is Comcast under the impression that customers only need to download data and upload bandwidth is irrelevant (like for WFH video calls, hello!). Please tell me how to get this info and better yet, update every plan info with upload speeds. 

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

4 years ago

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

You have to go through the order process and after they verify your credit card then they display it. That’s it. I have no idea why Comcast thinks upload speed isn’t important. It is extremely important for video conferencing which is a big part of our lives now, as well as every bit of data downloaded has to send confirmation packets back to the server. You can’t download without adequate upload speeds. Really disappointed Comcast deliberately hides this info, but I get it. If I had such a lousy ratio of upload to download speed id hide it too. It’s embarrassing. Max 35mbit for the gigabit plan? It’s a joke.

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

3 years ago

7 month old dead thread now being closed.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Given that so many of us wfh have to endure this limitation, and things will not go back to the way it was. I'm jumping ship as soon as I can find another option.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here