M

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024 7:37 PM

How Do I Even Activate Internet Services?

This is so frustrating.

I login to the wifi login and password provided in my device. (device is connected)

It redirects me to a link that asks me to download the app.

I go to the app, sign in, and it says "Access not authorized".

How do I activate my internet now? I already had to take two trips to the xfinity store to resolve issues with my account (billing done but my account wasn't created, so I couldn't login back then).

Do I need to go to the store again for this?

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

Connect it to the coax line / outlet and power it up. Let it fully sync up with the system. Check that the front or the top panel indicator light(s) is / are steadily lit. 

Then connect a computer to it and open up a browser. You *may* see their *Walled Garden* modem self-registration page. If so, follow the screen prompts. Have your mobile telephone number, your Xfinity username and password, or the account number and telephone number associated with your Comcast account handy.

If not, try calling 1-855-652-3446. That is their self-install device activation line.

If that doesn't work for you, you can call 1-800-comcast and tell a rep that you would like to have a new modem provisioned for service. Have the RF / CM / HFC MAC address and the serial number of it handy when you call.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

Hello metalpriest

Thank you so much for reaching out!

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

@metalpriest 

Have you had a chance to see if any of those alternate activation methods work for you ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here