DocCross2000's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

How do I connect my ring camera to my XFi Gateway (wifi nertowrk)

I have connected all my devices to my new Xfinity gateway except for my Ring Doorbell.  The process is to launch the Ring app which tells me to hit the setup button on the Ring device which creates an area network that my phone should connect to. It creates the network and I connect to it using my phone wifi however nothing happens. I have tried calling technical support, but so far they are clueless as to why this happening.  Note that when I was using my own model and router I had no issue connecting to the Xfinity network. Now that I am using Xfinity's Gateway modem/router I can no longer connect. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

4 years ago

The two WiFi bands have recently been combined into one with the Comcast gateway devices. Some devices get confused and don't know how to see / talk to combined bands.

If you are not using any Xfi Pods, you can try separating the 2.4 and the 5.0 bands and give them two different broadcast names / SSID's;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Associate the devices with the 2.4 band's SSID (broadcast name) and password.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Have you received any help with this? I'm having the same problem.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

We were told by Ring they only connect to 2.4 bands, so our devices were changed to try both bands but neither worked.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here