U

Saturday, August 17th, 2024 5:26 AM

How do I actually get a hold of a xfinity tech?

Comcast tech was working on box in yard earlier in the week. Now my internet drops out occasionally and is slow. I am only getting 100Mbps of the 300Mbps that I am supposed to get. I do realize that cable internet is shared with others in the neighborhood. I have never had a problem until the tech did something. I would like to know a few things:

1) What did they do exactly? It appears they installed a new concentrator that services the neighborhood. If they did, do I need to upgrade my modem? (It is a Arris SB6141, DOCIIS 3.0, so a little on the older side).

2) Can they fix my line? My downstream power level is 13dBmV, which is a little high (outside of the -10dBmV to +10dBmV range). Can they just throw a 6db attenuator on there?

3) How do you actually get a hold of a real person? I can't, for the life of me figure out how to get someone on the line.

I have tried the useless virtual assistant on their website. Garbage. I have ran through that 20 times, changing my answers every time, just to see what happens. Same outcome. It always says that it is something on my end.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

user_43mldv Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Forums. We can assist you with these concerns. May I please have you send us a direct message with your full name and service address? 

To send a direct message:
  • Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@user_43mldv @XfinityEva 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here