H

Monday, June 17th, 2024 3:14 PM

Horrible Internet Speeds with Constant Packet Loss

Honestly I have been a fairly loyal customer over the last few years but up until the last month or so where Xfinity is now pushing me to the limits. Over the past months I have been noticing random packet drops in my area all the time which has resulted in tons of lag while gaming and over horrible slow internet performance and speeds. I can confirm this as I have my own modem and am running pfSense which has been constantly recording the packet loss. As you can see from this morning in the graph packet loss started today in the early morning and continued until I rebooted my modem for the 3rd time and things are more stable. I have had calls with support and tried to use the chat support with no luck so far. Each time they just have me reboot my modem, and run speed tests, and then tell me to fix anything else a tech will need to come out and that I will have to pay a fee of $100+ for them to do. So I am expected to pay a tech because Xfinity can't keep their network stable in my area? That is very [Edited: "Language"] in my opinion and dishonest. I am making this post in the hopes to point out this issues and receive real network support instead of the awful chat/call support and give a thread for others to also share their experiences with packet loss issues as well. To also clarify this issues started presenting its self over the last two months and there will be days/weeks were my packet loss is horrible and then comes back randomly or doesn't resolve until I reboot my modem multiple times. 

I can provide more screenshots of the packet loss over the past few months but here from today which is matches each time I have this issue:

Things I have attempted to solve the issue:

• Rebooting the Modem
  • Rebooting the router (pfSense)
  • Purchased and replaced my old modem with a new ARRIS Surfboard - S33 DOCSIS 3.1 Modem
  • Contacted support via phone and chat

Any other suggestions or things I can try to correct this issue? I feel like I am fighting a never ending uphill battle.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

10 days ago

I've had the same issue and same problems. They refuse to see that something is wrong with their network until a tech comes out and confirms nothing is wrong with your wiring/modem then they maybe will put a ticket in 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

8 days ago

Hello, @Haloman363

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

8 days ago

@Haloman363 @XfinityThomasC 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

(edited)

2 Messages

Will do I provide details from the support team

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@Haloman363 Sounds good! We look forward to hearing from you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

8 days ago

I am currently working with a technician supervisor and someone else within Xfinity with the cliff notes being they couldn't find anything wrong with their signal, so I shouldn't be having problems. It seems to me that something is wrong with one of their Chicago servers that accepts packets but doesn't send anything back

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here