U

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 4:01 PM

Home network connects temporarily then disconnects after short while. its unusable while connected

For the past 2 days (today and yesterday), I have been unable to properly connect to my home internet even though I had no issues before. At first, I thought it was a hardware issue, so I did multiple scans on my computer for any viruses/malware, updates, property changes, etc... I even did a network reset, and still, nothing has changed. I have no issue connecting to other networks (I'm currently on my phone's hotspot). The issue only seems to be my home network, even though other devices can connect to it fine. I tried looking for the name of my device on the Xfinity app so that I could forget the device through the app, but it wasn't there. whenever I try and connect to the network, it takes a minute before it connects, and when it finally does it is unusable I can't search for anything online or even load a single tab shortly after connecting it says no internet, connected before quickly losing signal and disconnecting

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

2 months ago

Hello user_rnenkg. Are you using an Xfinity modem or your own modem? Also, is your modem is bridge mode where a router is connected to it. Can you find your WiFi with a phone or tablet and connect to it?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here