U

Thursday, September 5th, 2024 5:02 AM

Home internet keeps disconnecting

I activated the system two days ago and since then the system is highly unstable. Random disconnections keep happening, sometimes needing to reboot the modem. NAS is not working properly, is slow and keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Not possible to remote work because web call gets disrupted. I went through the Xfinity chat, chatted with 5 different representatives and got ghosted from the last one. How can I get help?

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

11 days ago

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, as a test, does a computer / device that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this down to being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step in troubleshooting before proceeding any further. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

9 days ago

Hello and welcome to Comcast! I want to thank you for giving us this new opportunity to work with and your family for all of your entertainment needs! I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles wit you service.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

9 days ago

@user_yj6kq6 

Have you had a chance to try that test ? Please respond right here in your topic on these public help forums. Thank you. 

2 Messages

@EG​ Hi, sorry for the late reply, I was busy trying to by-pass the problem. To your question: yes the problem was affecting both the WiFi connections and the wired ones. My NAS that was hardwired to one of the ethernet port on the back of the XFi was having the same problem, disconnecting and reconnecting after a few seconds/minutes many times per day. As said, while trying to sort out the issue, I went as far as to put the XFi in bridge mode and having my own WiFi router. Seems that the issue with disconnections has been solved despite the fact that now I have bandwidth problem, getting around 40 Mbit/s while before I was getting 250-300 Mbit/s. So, either the new router is somehow limiting the throughput or Xfinity is throttling me down because I'm bypassing their system. That said, I'll open a different ticket here in the forum to try to solve the latter issue. Thanks for your support, Serena

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here