I

Monday, July 1st, 2024 11:10 PM

Hidden Wi-Fi Networks in Bridge Mode

Like other customers have complained about in the past on this help forum:

My XB8 is in bridge mode, but is still emitting 'hidden' Wi-Fi signals at maximum TX power. I have no access to disable the Wi-Fi radios in my device completely. I have read other posts of customers reaching out to Tier 3 support in order to get all of its Wi-Fi radios turned off, which I tried to do. However, getting in touch with some one who is Tier 3 and understands my problem has proven to be impossible.

Can anyone here help?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

iLoveFastInternet Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like the Xfinity WiFi hotspot is still turned on, or was enabled when you placed the Gateway into bridge mode. The WiFi hotspot has to be turned off, or disabled before the Gateway goes into bridge mode. 

@XfinityMartyR​ 

Thank you for your reply.

I turned off Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspot long before I began using my modem in bridge mode. I have verified that those networks are off.

The hidden networks I'm referring to come up as <hidden> not as xfinitywifi or XFINITY. They are purposely hidden. They also contain the Mac address of my XB8, so I know for certain they are coming from my device.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for the additional information, iLoveFastInternet. Let's take a closer look for you, and see what we can do to help. We will touch base with you shortly in the direct message you sent over to us. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

@iLoveFastInternet 

Those hidden network broadcasts are used for the WiFi interfacing with their home security systems. They can't be disabled by an end user. They might be able to be disabled by Comcast employees, but I'm not certain. What say you @XfinityMartyR ??? Or any Comcast employee that knows ???

(edited)

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

@Paraniod 

Hey there stranger ! Thanks for the Like ! Good to see you here !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here