N

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Jul 25, 2021 5:11 AM

help

Same problem. I'm actually trying to connect both because I need to hard wired connections. 

Has anyone been able to use both ports?

This post was created from this comment on different post

Responses

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

What I mean is that the pod will not connect to the router if both ethernet ports are plugged in. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled help

Official Employee

• 

321 Messages

Hello @norcal_user! I'd like to help you find a solution to this problem. What troubleshooting steps have you already performed to correct this issue? Have you disconnected the ethernet cables and made sure both pods were getting a connection from the router before plugging in your devices? You can use the Xfinity App to verify and activate your pods. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityThomasC I've tried connecting and re-connecting the pod, with cables plugged in, not plugged in, various combinations.

I used the xfinity app to monitor the status of the pod to see if it was "connected" 

It will not allow me to use both ports at the same time. 

XfinityJoeB

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hi norcal_user. Thanks for providing the additional information about your what you have tried. To activate and configure the xFi Pods for use, please be aware:

Once you begin activating your Pods using the Xfinity app, you'll be provided with easy-to-follow on-screen instructions. For activation steps, an informational video and more.Note: Be sure to plug your Pods into active electrical outlets. Do not connect your Pods directly to your compatible xFi Gateway using the Ethernet port on the bottom of the Pod. The Pods connect wirelessly to the Gateway. You'll not be able to activate your Pods if one is connected directly to the Gateway.

Once your pods are installed and online, you can hardwire your devices to your pods using an Ethernet cable if you so choose. Hardwiring your device to a pod would give you slightly faster speeds than connecting to the network over WiFi. Please note that hardwiring your gateway to a pod and/or hardwiring a pod to another pod is not a supported configuration.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here