U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 20th, 2021 2:57 PM

Closed

Help with WPA3 on Cisco DPC394IT xfinity wireless gateway

I've seen other threads with this question but with different routers.  We have the Xfinity gateway router that we got whenever they gave it to us.  Now I need to upgrade (according to my iPhone) to WPA2 or WPA3.  Not great at all this stuff but if there are step by step instructions (click here, click here), I can follow them.  So first, does this router support WPA3 and second, how do I do it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

AFAIK, they do not yet support WPA3.

See if this still works. YMMV;

To change the Comcast router security level to WPA2 you can follow these steps:

1. Browse to http://10.0.0.1, and sign in.
Note: If you haven't changed it, the default username is admin and the default password is password.
2. Once logged in, you can go to Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi.
3. To change your Security Mode, select Edit next to Security Mode, then select your WPA2 mode.
4. Once your desired option is selected, hit Save Settings.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@EG That's great, but what about WPA3? I see that you've closed a few threads when people request it. Could you elaborate on why? iPhones released in the next year along with Samsung and other cell phone manufactures may start requiring it, so instead of catching up, Xfinity needs to look into releasing it ASAP.

WPA2, which Xfinity is stuck at, is it's many home security systems and is essentially hackable with hardware under $10. For the sake of people who use home security, WE NEED WPA3. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here