U

Thursday, September 19th, 2024 3:24 PM

Help with internet plan change

Hello I swapped plans yesterday from connect to connect more 300 download speed but my internet speed is still on the previous plan

Expert

• 

106.1K Messages

5 days ago

Has the modem been power-cycled since the change ?

4 Messages

Yes and I’ve used the app to troubleshoot it at best i can

Expert

• 

106.1K Messages

5 days ago

It would appear that the system is not pushing out the new speed configuration file / boot file to the modem. I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) who are available to these boards. They will be able to confirm that the new speed configuration file for your subscribed to speed tier gets loaded into the modem. Good luck !

(edited)

4 Messages

5 days ago

Should be good a rep said it should be at the correct plan speed within 20mins to an hour for the speed to take effect.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_3wirw5 Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support for help with the speed trouble after the account change completed yesterday. I'm sorry that the upgrade is not showing on your side yet, no fear, we will figure this out. Please send us a direct message with your name and service address. This way we can check the modem to ensure the upgrade was completed and work to make sure the service is delivered to you! 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

@EG Thank you as always for your help and sharing your amazing knowledge! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.1K Messages

@XfinityPaula​ You're very welcome Paula !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Expert

• 

106.1K Messages

5 days ago

Ha ! Heard that one a million times before.... The change should take place before the call is ended, not twenty minutes later.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here