U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 2nd, 2024 3:43 PM

Help troubleshooting 1200 internet with a fraction of that actually being delivered.

I am using an Arris T25 modem, on the approved list from Xfinity. It is DOCSIS 3.1 and should be able to deliver the speed.

Yes, I've rebooted the modem. Rebooted my Wifi. In fact I recently updrage my Wifi to a Wifi6E AP and the performance hasn't improved so it must be something on the Comcast end.

I have seen speed tests up to 600Mbps at times, but it is usually 200-400Mbps. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

17 days ago

... 1200 internet ... Arris T25 modem ...

Comcast/Xfinity does not approve the T25 for Gigabit Internet service. They rate it for wired download speeds "Up to 949 Mbps".  Using devices on Internet speed tiers for which they are not approved tends to produce unexpected results, often speeds well below the ones you are paying for. See the "All Compatible Devices" link near the bottom of https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices (at the moment it points to https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4997_compatible-devices/2024.08.14%20Full%20List%20of%20Compatible%20Devices.pdf, but this changes from time to time).

Realize that although Comcast calls some devices "Compatible" and some "Recommended", for all but a few devices those designations only mean "compatible/recommended for use with their Internet service", and not necessarily "approved for your Internet plan".

Comcast could make all of this much clearer, but they have chosen not to do so.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

17 days ago

DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem (CM2000)

Nighthawk® Multi-Gig 2.5Gbps Cable Modem 

This is the modem that they approved as well and I pay for 2 gig speeds which I cant get speeds over 800MB. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

yworry82 - We can help! To check your current modem, use this site to easily determine if your device is approved for Xfinity Internet and/or Voice service and will support your Internet speed. And, if you experience issues with your Xfinity Internet or WiFi connection please follow the Xfinity Internet and WiFi connection troubleshooting steps here.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

15 days ago

user_372c61 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. If there is anything we can still assist you with, please let us know.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here