A

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 12th, 2024 4:35 PM

Closed

Having outage but outage map said my address is good

This is not a new issue as this has happened with the outage map, https://www.xfinity.com/support/statusmap,

from the past 5 years.

Despite it said my connection is good in the outage map, I am experiencing outage whenever there is a nearby outage as shown in the map. This situation arise every single time, so that is like dozens of times. I chatted with an Xfinity agent yet they said they couldn't find anything nearby. I want to know why is there such a miscommunication between the outage map and the server. Please advise. (I also want to mention my hardwares are fine. And of course the common power on and off. This is a recurrent issues as I stated this happened the past dozens of times)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

5 months ago

@aznsaiyan1029 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. The map you are referring to is normally based on your Zip Code. If you are still experiencing a loss in service, we are happy to look into this further to see what is going on with your in-home network. When you can, please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address so that we can assist you further. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

16 days ago

Ridiculous.  My cable has been out the majority of the day and I'm continuously tells me no outage. 

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

16 days ago

@user_bepd4t 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 5-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on someone else's older thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here